Our fiscal year started July 1st and we are already busy! 2019-20 was a difficult season, for everyone, but we were still able to fund our top philanthropies’ programs. Unfortunately, it is looking as if 2020-21 is going to be an equally difficult season. We have a new panel of Officers and Board of Directors and our 2020-21 President, Paula Tuckerman, states we are “Up for the Challenge.”
At the end of each season our members nominate qualifying philanthropies in the South Bay area to receive funding for the following season. These philanthropies fill out an extensive application and our Officers and BOD select the Top 6. Of these 6, our voting membership selects the Top 3. These Top 3 will receive the majority of net proceeds from our fundraising projects throughout the season.
Here is a complete list of the nominated philanthropies for the 2020-21 season. We’ll announce the Top 6 and then the Top 3 as they are selected. Good luck to each of them, they are all worthy!
- 1713 Family Crisis Center
- Boys & Girls Club of the LA Harbor
- Cancer Support Community Redondo Beach
- Community’s Child
- Family Promise of the South Bay
- Harbor Interfaith Services
- Los Angles Maritime Institute-Top Sail Youth
- Los Serenos de Point Vincente
- Manes for Movement
- Marine Mammal Care Center Los Angeles
- South Bay Children’s Health Center
- South Bay Wildlife Rehab
- Wyland Foundation