Charities fill gaps in communities like ours. No matter how tough your life is, it’s hard not to look around and find someone who has it worse. Las Candalistas continuously reaches out to fill some of these gaps in 2 ways:
- Direct donation to specific grant requests. This year we have made commitments to three charities for specific grant requests. These are 1736 Crisis Center, Community’s Child, and TrinityKids Care Hospice. The revenues we raise through your donations, the Fall Friends and Family Sale, Entertaining for the Holidays, and Spring Event will be given to these 3 charities for their grant requests. Remaining funds will be donated to other charities we support that have made requests.
- Direct involvement of its members with helping hands and caring hearts reaching those who are directly served by our charities. When you donate to Las Candalistas, you not only get the satisfaction of giving that donation to one of our charities, you also have the added satisfaction that Las Candalistas’ volunteers are working directly with the recipients of these charities. Here are some examples from our holiday involvement:
- Adopt-A-Family for two families (10 people) from 1736 Family Crisis Center and Family Promise of South Bay.
- LC members organized, managed, and delivered 577 toiletry bags to our charities Harbor Interfaith Services, SHAWL, House of Hope, YWCA, Toberman Neighborhood Center, and Beacon House. Our charities were overwhelmed with our generosity.
- LC participated in the December 15 Marine Mammal Care Center Holiday Donation Drive and our members generously donated much needed supplies for their mammal rehabilitation program.
- Community’s Child was supported with a coat drive, donating food and assembling the Thanksgiving dinner packages for the families of the Healthy Bag Program.
This is all made possible by your generous donations and LC member time, energy and work. Together we are a community team making a difference in the South Bay and we thank you!
Former President, Las Candalistas